Amazon Web Services (AWS) Management Console for iOS and Android lets you quickly and easily view and manage your existing EC2 instances, load balancers, Route 53 hosted zones, RDS instances, Auto Scaling groups, AWS Elastic Beanstalk applications, Amazon DynamoDB tables, AWS OpsWorks stacks, and CloudWatch alarms from your phone or tablet. The app provides mobile-relevant tasks that are a good companion to the full web experience, including:
EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
- Browse, filter and search instances.
- View configuration details.
- Check status of Cloud Watch metrics and alarms.
- Perform operations over instances like start, stop, reboot, termination.
- Manage security group rules.
- Manage Elastic IP Addresses.
- View block devices.
Elastic Load Balancing
- Browse, filter and search load balancers.
- View configuration details of attached instances.
- Add and remove instances from load balancers.
- Browse buckets and view their properties.
- View properties of objects.
- Browse and view hosted zones.
- Browse and view details of record sets.
RDS (Relational Database Service)
- Browse, filter, search and reboot instances.
- View configuration details, security and network settings.
- View group details, policies, metrics and alarms.
- Manage the number of instances as per the situation.
- View applications and events.
- View environment configuration and swap environment CNAMEs.
- Restart app servers.
- View tables and their details like metrics, index, alarms, etc.
- View stack status, tags, parameters, output, events, and resources.
- View configuration details of stack, layers, instances and applications.
- View instances, its logs, and reboot them.
- View CloudWatch graphs of resources.
- List CloudWatch alarms by status and time.
- Action configurations for alarms.
- Provides information of available services and their status.
- All information related to the billing of the user.
- Switch the users to see the resources in multiple accounts.
Features of AWS Mobile App
To have access to the AWS Mobile App, we must have an existing AWS account. Simply create an identity using the account credentials and select the region in the menu. This app allows us to stay signed in to multiple identities at the same time.
For security reasons, it is recommended to secure the device with a passcode and to use an IAM user’s credentials to log in to the app. In case the device is lost, then the IAM user can be deactivated to prevent unauthorized access.
Root accounts cannot be deactivated via mobile console. While using AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), it is recommended to use either a hardware MFA device or a virtual MFA on a separate mobile device for account security reasons.
The latest version is 1.14. There is a feedback link in the App’s menu to share our experiences and for any queries.