ue to the intensive work DevOps engineers and their teams complete on a daily basis, they are always on the lookout for tools to help them improve efficiency and productivity. Unfortunately, there typically isn’t enough time in the day to dig for top-rated, impactful DevOps technologies that fit the team. That’s why we did the searching for you. From tenured tools that have proven invaluable to the DevOps process to emerging tools created by developers to help fellow developers, here’s our curated list of the most reliable, relevant, secure, and useful DevOps technologies out there
Below are Top 50 Tools there is no particular order
|The leading open source automation server, Jenkins is a DevOps tool for monitoring executions of repeated jobs. This extensible automation engine enables DevOps teams to integrate project changes more easily and access outputs for quickly identifying problems.
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Easily set up and configured via a web interface
- Hundreds of plugins in the Update Center
|Prometheus, an open-source service monitoring system and time series database, powers DevOps teams’ metrics and alerting. Prometheus especially is popular with teams using Grafana.
- Supports more than 10 languages and includes easy-to-implement custom libraries
- Alerts based on Prometheus’s flexible query language
- Alert manager handles notifications and silencing
|PagerDuty is a DevOps tool that helps teams and businesses protect their brand reputation and customer experiences. PagerDuty is an incident management solution supporting continuous delivery strategy and enabling DevOps teams to deliver high-performing apps and superior customer experiences.
- Quickly detect, triage, and resolve incidents from development through production
- Full-stack visibility across dev and production environments
- Event intelligence for actionable insights
Cost: FREE trial available for 14 days
- Lite: $9/month/user billed annually – Unlimited notifications and 180+ integrations with top tools
- Basic: $29/month/user billed annually – Unlimited notifications and 200+ integrations with top tools
- Standard: $49/month/user billed annually – Unlimited global notifications and 200+ integrations with top tools
- Enterprise: $99/month/user billed annually – Unlimited global notifications and 200+ integrations with top tools
|SolarWinds offers IT management software and monitoring tools. DevOps teams turn to their Log & Event Manager software when they need a solution for security, compliance, and troubleshooting.
Cost: FREE trial available for 30 days
- LEM30: $4,495 – Up to 30 nodes
- LEM50: $7,485 – Up to 50 nodes
- LEM100: $12,995 – Up to 100 nodes
| HashiCorp gives organizations the ability to provision, secure, and run any infrastructure for any application with their Suite, which includes Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Vault, Nomad, and Consul. Vagrant, specifically, helps DevOps teams create and configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments. Vagrant also features easy-to-use workflows and focuses on automation, saving DevOps teams time in setting up development environments
- Create a single file for projects describing the type of machine you want, the software you want to install, and how you want to access the machine, and then store the file with your project code
- Use a single command, vagrant up, and watch as Vagrant puts together your complete development environment so that DevOps team members have identical development environments
|Snort is a DevOps tool for security. An open source intrusion prevention system, Snort is capable of real-time traffic analysis and packet logging. Snort boasts more than 500,000 registered users and has been downloaded more than 5 million times, making it the most widely deployed intrusion prevention system in the world.
- Detects buffer overflows, stealth port scans, CGI attacks, SMB proves, OS fingerprinting attempts, and other attacks and probes